News | Law and Order
21 Feb 2026 11:37
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Law and Order

    Jeffrey Epstein's estate agrees to pay up to $US35 million to settle class action

    Jeffrey Epstein's estate has agreed to pay as much as $US35 million to resolve a class action lawsuit, according to a court filing on Thursday.


    Jeffrey Epstein's estate has agreed to pay as much as $US35 million ($A49.5m) to resolve a class action lawsuit, according to a court filing.

    The lawsuit accused two of the disgraced financier's advisers of aiding and abetting his sex trafficking of young women and teenage girls.

    Boies Schiller Flexner, the law firm representing Epstein victims, announced a $US35 million settlement in a brief filed in federal court in Manhattan.

    If approved by a judge, the deal would end a 2024 lawsuit against Epstein's former personal lawyer Darren Indyke and former accountant Richard Kahn, who serve as co-executors of his estate.

    Epstein's estate had previously set up a restitution fund that paid out $US121 million to victims. The estate also paid an additional $US49 million in settlements to victims.

    Neither Mr Indyke nor Mr Kahn "made any admission or concession of misconduct" as part of the settlement made public on Thursday, their lawyer Daniel H. Weiner said in an emailed statement.

    "Because they did nothing wrong, the co-executors were prepared to fight the claims against them through to trial," Mr Weiner said.

    "... but agreed to mediate and settle this lawsuit in order to achieve finality as to any potential claims against the Epstein Estate."

    Mr Weiner said the settlement would provide "a confidential avenue for financial relief" for Epstein victims who have not already resolved claims against the estate.

    Epstein died in a New York jail in August 2019, his death was ruled a suicide.

    In the 2024 lawsuit, lawyers at Boies Schiller Flexner said Mr Indyke and Mr Kahn had helped Epstein create a complex web of corporations and bank accounts that allowed him to hide his abuses and pay victims and recruiters, while leaving the two men "richly compensated" for their work.

    The Boies law firm had previously helped secure $365 million in settlements with JPMorgan Chase and Deutsche Bank after accusing the banks of overlooking red flags about Epstein, who had once been a lucrative client.

    Reuters


    ABC




    © 2026 ABC Australian Broadcasting Corporation. All rights reserved

     Other Law and Order News
     21 Feb: Four teenagers have been charged by New South Wales Police over the drive-by shooting of former NRL player Matt Utai in Sydney
     21 Feb: Auckland Council says current dog control laws are reactive - not preventative
     21 Feb: Armed Police were called to a street in Te Puke overnight, after a person was injured in an assault
     21 Feb: Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's future uncertain under monarch willing to let 'the law take its course'
     21 Feb: Royal protection police close to Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor to be grilled
     20 Feb: How Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's 10 hours in police custody unfolded
     20 Feb: Police say they have disrupted a crime syndicate using the dark web to import and distribute drugs throughout the country
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    A positive update after a scary moment for skier Fin Melville Ives at the Winter Olympics More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    A economist says New Zealanders appear to have gotten a spending hangover More...



     Today's News

    General:
    Winter Olympics 2026: Lindsey Vonn goes 'bionic' as the curling war of words continues — day 14 quick hits 11:26

    Entertainment:
    Shia LaBeouf has been accused of assaulting two men in a bar fight 11:17

    Law and Order:
    Four teenagers have been charged by New South Wales Police over the drive-by shooting of former NRL player Matt Utai in Sydney 11:06

    Entertainment:
    James Van Der Beek is unlikely to have had a "piece of the profit" from Dawson's Creek 10:47

    Law and Order:
    Auckland Council says current dog control laws are reactive - not preventative 10:46

    Business:
    A economist says New Zealanders appear to have gotten a spending hangover 10:26

    Entertainment:
    Gina Carano is set to face Ronda Rousey in a mixed martial arts fight 10:17

    Golf:
    To the Riviera Country Club in Los Angeles and golf's PGA Tour 10:16

    Business:
    Work by dozens of artists is being showcased on Auckland's waterfront today 10:16

    Soccer:
    Phoenix coach Bev Priestman's singing the praises of import striker Makayla Woods after they salvaged a point from their latest match in football's women's A-League 10:16


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd