News | Entertainment
5 Apr 2025 8:54
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    King Charles will return to work this week

    The 76-year-old royal was forced to cancel a number of engagements last week after being briefly hospital due to side effects from his ongoing cancer treatment, but he is ready to resume duties, albeit with a slightly adjusted schedule


    Charles is set to have spent a "restful" weekend at his Highgrove estate before travelling to Windsor Castle on Monday (31.03.25) to star the working week.

    It has been confirmed the king will hold investitures at Windsor on Tuesday (01.04.25), as well as his weekly audience with Prime Minister Sir Keir Starmer and other meetings at Buckingham Palace on Wednesday (02.04.25).

    Thursday (03.04.25) will involve public engagements in London and Windsor, and Charles will also take on one of his regular duties, receiving three ambassadors for the presentation of their credentials.

    However, according to The Telegraph, "one or two" other engagements have been postponed.

    Next week, the king and his wife, Queen Camilla, will embark on a state visit to Italy.

    Charles cancelled a tour of Birmingham last Friday (28.03.25) after being hospitalised.

    Buckingham Palace said in a statement the evening before: "Following scheduled and ongoing medical treatment for cancer this morning, The King experienced temporary side effects that required a short period of observation in hospital. His Majesty's afternoon engagements were therefore postponed.

    "His Majesty has now returned to Clarence House and as a precautionary measure, acting on medical advice, tomorrow's diary programme will also be rescheduled.

    "His Majesty would like to send his apologies to all those who may be inconvenienced or disappointed as a result."

    Buckingham Palace announced news of the King's diagnosis in February 2024.

    The monarch underwent a "corrective procedure" for an enlarged prostate and doctors noticed a "separate issue of concern" that led to his cancer diagnosis.

    The Palace said at the time: "During The King's recent hospital procedure for benign prostate enlargement, a separate issue of concern was noted. Subsequent diagnostic tests have identified a form of cancer.

    "His Majesty has today commenced a schedule of regular treatments, during which time he has been advised by doctors to postpone public-facing duties. Throughout this period, His Majesty will continue to undertake State business and official paperwork as usual.

    "The King is grateful to his medical team for their swift intervention, which was made possible thanks to his recent hospital procedure."

    Charles - who ascended to the throne in 2022, following the death of Queen Elizabeth - was said to be feeling "positive about his treatment".

    The statement continued: "He remains wholly positive about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public duty as soon as possible.

    "His Majesty has chosen to share his diagnosis to prevent speculation and in the hope it may assist public understanding for all those around the world who are affected by cancer."

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     05 Apr: Kanye West has suggested his wife has left him in the lyrics to a new song
     05 Apr: Kylie Kelce "doesn't care" what people think of her daughters' names
     05 Apr: Russell Brand charged with rape and sexual assault
     05 Apr: Robert Irwin wants to "continue the important legacy" of his late father
     05 Apr: Adam Devine was told last year he was "dying"
     05 Apr: Apple Martin has been "very anxious about making mistakes" because of the scrutiny she's faced throughout her life
     05 Apr: Geri Horner doesn't like being on WhatsApp groups
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    The Chiefs are back on top in Super Rugby after holding off the Reds 27-15 in a rain-affected clash in Hamilton More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Food Safety Minister Andrew Hoggard is facing criticism over potential conflicts of interest involving his sister More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Kanye West has suggested his wife has left him in the lyrics to a new song 8:48

    Rugby League:
    Unfamiliar territory for the Penrith Panthers after slumping to their fourth loss in five games to start the NRL season 8:46

    Entertainment:
    Kylie Kelce "doesn't care" what people think of her daughters' names 8:18

    Living & Travel:
    Mini lovers are continuing their 24-hundred-kilometre journey - aiming to raise 500-thousand-dollars for KidsCan 8:16

    Business:
    Food Safety Minister Andrew Hoggard is facing criticism over potential conflicts of interest involving his sister 8:06

    Law and Order:
    Russell Brand charged with rape and sexual assault 7:56

    Rugby League:
    South Sydney Rabbitohs coach Wayne Bennett has applauded Latrell Mitchell's return from injury during their 20-14 win over the Sydney Roosters in the NRL 7:56

    Entertainment:
    Robert Irwin wants to "continue the important legacy" of his late father 7:48

    Rugby:
    The Chiefs are back on top in Super Rugby after holding off the Reds 27-15 in a rain-affected clash in Hamilton 7:46

    Soccer:
    Manchester City captain Kevin De Bruyne has announced his departure from the football club at the end of the season 7:46


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd