News | Entertainment
20 Feb 2026 2:42
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Jason Oppenheim has split from Jessica Vargas

    The 48-year-old real estate agent and Jessica have called time on their romance, less than a year after confirming their relationship in April 2025 - but the former couple insist that they'll remain good friends.


    Jason - who owns the Oppenheim Group, an American real estate agent company - told People: "Jessica is the most beautiful woman I've ever met, inside and out, and while we won't be husband and wife, we will be best friends. Having her in my life is what matters most."

    Jessica also echoed Jason's feelings.

    She said: "Jason and I have a lot of love for each other, and that's not going anywhere. The best outcome for us is staying close and remaining in each other's lives as best friends.

    "He's truly a gem of a human with the biggest heart, and I'm grateful for him."

    The duo also addressed their split via social media.

    Jason wrote on Instagram: "We're no longer boyfriend and girlfriend... but still love each other and still best friends (sic)"

    Jason split from Paris-based model Marie-Lou Nurk back in 2023, and at the time, he insisted that he wouldn't rush into "any type of serious relationship".

    The Selling Sunset star explained that he wasn't in a rush to find love.

    Jason - who previously dated Chrishell Stause - told People: "I was casually dating someone in Vancouver for a little while, but that doesn't make a ton of sense being that we live in different countries and I tried that previously with Lou. So, I'm just single right now and not wanting to rush into any type of serious relationship, honestly."

    Jason also insisted that he wanted "some time to [himself]" before he looks for love once again.

    The reality TV star said at the time: "I have had two very serious relationships in the last few years, and I think I just want some time to myself."

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     19 Feb: Jane Seymour felt privileged to work with Robert Duvall
     19 Feb: Logan Paul has sold a Pokemon trading card for $16.5 million
     19 Feb: Sir Sam Mendes has "no outlet" during a film shoot
     19 Feb: Walton Goggins has hailed Robert Duvall as the "greatest storyteller of all time"
     19 Feb: Daniel Radcliffe is "always taking care" of Tracy Morgan
     19 Feb: Viola Davis was "in awe" of Robert Duvall when they worked together
     19 Feb: Joshua Bassett's memoir is the "most vulnerable" he's ever been
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    A Sky Sport Now subscription's about to become more costly More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Confidence green pastures lie ahead for Fonterra, as the sale of brands like Anchor and Mainland nears completion More...



     Today's News

    Soccer:
    Auckland FC gaffer Steve Corica is pivoting to a game plan without Sam Cosgrove for Saturday's derby against the Phoenix in Wellington 21:57

    Accident and Emergency:
    St John is assessing 19 patients after a chemical incident in Horowhenua's Levin this evening 21:17

    Law and Order:
    South Korea's ex-president Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life in prison over insurrection 21:07

    Law and Order:
    In her memoir, Gisèle Pelicot reveals the secret love behind France's most infamous rape trial 20:37

    General:
    Winter Olympics 2026 quick guide: What to watch on Day 13 20:07

    International:
    Tracking the US military build-up ahead of possible Iran attack 19:57

    General:
    What is Skimo? The sport preparing to steal the show at the 2026 Milano Cortina Winter Olympic Games 19:17

    Cricket:
    New Zealand cricket captain Mitch Santner has no qualms about changing countries for the next stage of the T20 World Cup 18:57

    Politics:
    The Government's pushing ahead with plans for a mega-ministry 18:37

    Basketball:
    Breakers forward Reuben Te Rangi is imploring his side to close out their Australian NBL regular season with a win 18:27


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd