News | Entertainment
5 Apr 2025 13:00
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    King Charles will return to work this week

    The 76-year-old royal was forced to cancel a number of engagements last week after being briefly hospital due to side effects from his ongoing cancer treatment, but he is ready to resume duties, albeit with a slightly adjusted schedule


    Charles is set to have spent a "restful" weekend at his Highgrove estate before travelling to Windsor Castle on Monday (31.03.25) to star the working week.

    It has been confirmed the king will hold investitures at Windsor on Tuesday (01.04.25), as well as his weekly audience with Prime Minister Sir Keir Starmer and other meetings at Buckingham Palace on Wednesday (02.04.25).

    Thursday (03.04.25) will involve public engagements in London and Windsor, and Charles will also take on one of his regular duties, receiving three ambassadors for the presentation of their credentials.

    However, according to The Telegraph, "one or two" other engagements have been postponed.

    Next week, the king and his wife, Queen Camilla, will embark on a state visit to Italy.

    Charles cancelled a tour of Birmingham last Friday (28.03.25) after being hospitalised.

    Buckingham Palace said in a statement the evening before: "Following scheduled and ongoing medical treatment for cancer this morning, The King experienced temporary side effects that required a short period of observation in hospital. His Majesty's afternoon engagements were therefore postponed.

    "His Majesty has now returned to Clarence House and as a precautionary measure, acting on medical advice, tomorrow's diary programme will also be rescheduled.

    "His Majesty would like to send his apologies to all those who may be inconvenienced or disappointed as a result."

    Buckingham Palace announced news of the King's diagnosis in February 2024.

    The monarch underwent a "corrective procedure" for an enlarged prostate and doctors noticed a "separate issue of concern" that led to his cancer diagnosis.

    The Palace said at the time: "During The King's recent hospital procedure for benign prostate enlargement, a separate issue of concern was noted. Subsequent diagnostic tests have identified a form of cancer.

    "His Majesty has today commenced a schedule of regular treatments, during which time he has been advised by doctors to postpone public-facing duties. Throughout this period, His Majesty will continue to undertake State business and official paperwork as usual.

    "The King is grateful to his medical team for their swift intervention, which was made possible thanks to his recent hospital procedure."

    Charles - who ascended to the throne in 2022, following the death of Queen Elizabeth - was said to be feeling "positive about his treatment".

    The statement continued: "He remains wholly positive about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public duty as soon as possible.

    "His Majesty has chosen to share his diagnosis to prevent speculation and in the hope it may assist public understanding for all those around the world who are affected by cancer."

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     05 Apr: Tom Cruise has paid tribute to his friend and 'Top Gun' co-star Val Kilmer
     05 Apr: Leigh-Anne Pinnock is devastated after losing both of her dogs within weeks of each other
     05 Apr: Antoine Fuqua's upcoming biopic on Michael Jackson may be split into two films
     05 Apr: Eva Mendes has paid tribute to her late brother on what would have been his 62nd birthday
     05 Apr: Jennifer Aniston has celebrated Pedro Pascal's 50th birthday with a special tribute on social media
     05 Apr: Olivia Munn has revealed the elaborate lie she told after learning John Mulaney was planning to propose to her
     05 Apr: Kanye West has suggested his wife has left him in the lyrics to a new song
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    The Chiefs plan to continue leaning on their bench as they move forward in the Super Rugby season More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Food Safety Minister Andrew Hoggard, is confident he's disclosed all relevant conflicts of interest with Cabinet More...



     Today's News

    Law and Order:
    A homicide investigation has been launched after a man was found with injuries consistent with stab wounds in Auckland overnight 12:26

    Health & Safety:
    An opportunity to think more creatively when it comes to therapy 11:56

    Entertainment:
    Tom Cruise has paid tribute to his friend and 'Top Gun' co-star Val Kilmer 11:48

    Soccer:
    Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has hailed midfielder Kevin de Bruyne as one of the greatest players in Premier League football history, after the club captain's announcement he'd be leaving at the end of the season 11:36

    Education:
    Auckland's annual Polyfest is wrapping up today, 50 years after it first started 11:26

    Living & Travel:
    Fifty teams of Mini lovers are continuing their huge 24-hundred-kilometre journey today 11:26

    Business:
    Food Safety Minister Andrew Hoggard, is confident he's disclosed all relevant conflicts of interest with Cabinet 11:26

    Politics:
    The New Zealand Institute of Building Surveyors wants changes to speed up building consent delays 11:26

    Entertainment:
    Leigh-Anne Pinnock is devastated after losing both of her dogs within weeks of each other 11:18

    Business:
    For America's small businesses, Trump's tariffs are delivering some unwelcome surprises 11:16


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd