News | Entertainment
7 Apr 2025 10:55
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Sean 'Diddy' Combs has had one of the sexual assault lawsuits against him dismissed after the anonymous plaintiff failed to re-file her complaint under her real name

    The 55-year-old music mogul, who is awaiting trail on charges including sex trafficking, had been sued in the Southern District of New York in October 2024 by a woman using the pseudonym Jane Doe


    She accused him of assaulting her at a party in 1995 - but on Monday (01.04.25) a federal judge dismissed the case after the plaintiff did not submit a revised complaint under her real identity.

    U.S. district judge Lewis Liman wrote in a ruling obtained by People magazine: "On March 6, 2025, the Court denied Plaintiff's motion to proceed anonymously and ordered her to file a complaint in her own name by March 20, 2025, or the case would be dismissed.

    "As of (31 March), Plaintiff has not filed a complaint in her own name, nor has she sought an extension of time to do so. Accordingly, the case is dismissed."

    Combs' legal team welcomed the decision, claiming it was part of a pattern of baseless accusations. They said in a statement: "For months, we have seen case after case filed by individuals hiding behind anonymity, pushed forward by attorneys more focused on media headlines than legal merit.

    "The other claims, like the one dismissed today, also will not hold up in a court of law."

    The woman had been represented by Tony Buzbee, a high-profile Houston-based attorney who had previously announced that he was representing hundreds of people making allegations against Combs. Combs' legal representatives also criticised Mr Buzbee following Monday's dismissal.

    They added: "This is now the second case brought by these attorneys against Mr Combs that has been dismissed in its entirety.

    "It will not be the last."

    Despite the ruling, Combs remains a defendant in several other lawsuits accusing him of misconduct.

    He has denied all allegations of wrongdoing.

    In addition to a mass of civil cases against the rapper, alleging offences including rape, Combs is also facing criminal charges stemming from a September indictment on federal sex crimes, including sex trafficking and racketeering.

    He has pleaded not guilty.

    His criminal trial is scheduled to begin in May and he remains in custody in Brooklyn after being denied bail.

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     07 Apr: Olivia Munn is appalled by the "gluttonous" Blue Origin mission which will take Katy Perry and Gayle King into space
     07 Apr: Tom Hanks' daughter has opened up about her turbulent childhood and complex relationship with her mother
     07 Apr: Justin Baldoni has urged a judge to reject Ryan Reynolds' motion to dismiss a $400 million defamation lawsui
     05 Apr: Tom Cruise has paid tribute to his friend and 'Top Gun' co-star Val Kilmer
     05 Apr: Leigh-Anne Pinnock is devastated after losing both of her dogs within weeks of each other
     05 Apr: Antoine Fuqua's upcoming biopic on Michael Jackson may be split into two films
     05 Apr: Eva Mendes has paid tribute to her late brother on what would have been his 62nd birthday
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Wayne Gretzky's NHL ice hockey goal-scoring record - a mark often considered by pundits as untouchable - has been eclipsed by Alex Ovechkin More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    The Prime Minister says US tariffs are set to slow the world economy, increase inflation and create currency challenges More...



     Today's News

    Auckland:
    A man has died in hospital after being struck by a vehicle on Auckland's Lincoln Road yesterday morning 10:47

    Entertainment:
    Olivia Munn is appalled by the "gluttonous" Blue Origin mission which will take Katy Perry and Gayle King into space 10:44

    Politics:
    Reform clock is ticking - the big policy challenges the next government must urgently address 10:37

    National:
    Ancient Rome used high tariffs to raise money too – and created other economic problems along the way 10:27

    Politics:
    The Green Party's announced it's officially backing Wellington Mayor Tory Whanau' reelection bid 10:27

    National:
    New satellite data shows NZ’s major cities are sinking – meaning rising seas will affect them sooner 10:17

    Entertainment:
    Tom Hanks' daughter has opened up about her turbulent childhood and complex relationship with her mother 10:14

    National:
    The hidden power of marathon Senate speeches: What history tells us about Cory Booker’s 25-hour oration 10:07

    International:
    What dentists say about brushing before or after breakfast 10:07

    Law and Order:
    Auckland Football Club and Auckland Stadiums are reviewing conduct, that saw fans evicted and arrested during Saturday night's A-League match at Mount Smart Stadium 10:07


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd